A cash deposit machine is a self-service machine that can help you to deposit money into your bank account without entering the bank. It is a kind of ATM machine but the only difference here is this machine receives cash from you and deposits it into your bank account.
In 1960, an American named Luther George Simjian invented the Bankograph, a machine that allowed customers to deposit cash and checks into it. The cash deposit machine helps you to skip the queue for depositing money in your bank account. You can directly go to the installed machine and deposit cash by entering your account number and PIN number.
The process is so simple and fast that more and more people have started adopting it on a regular basis. So now you never have to worry about the bank timings as this machine works round the clock. You can deposit the money at any time.
CDM machines are installed at ATM locations. So it is easy for people to locate the nearby CDM machine for cash deposition. These machines save time while depositing the cash into the bank account.
A Cash Deposit Machine (CDM) is a self-service machine that allows individuals and businesses to deposit cash into their bank accounts without the need for human interaction. CDMs are typically located in bank branches or in other public areas such as shopping centers or airports.
To use a CDM, customers insert cash into the machine, which counts and verifies the money using advanced sensors and software. The customer then enters their account number, and the machine records the deposit and updates their account balance.
CDMs are designed to be convenient and fast, allowing customers to deposit cash quickly and easily. They are especially useful for businesses that handle large amounts of cash, as they can save time and reduce the risk of human error associated with manual cash handling.
Some CDMs also allow customers to deposit checks, and in some cases, even pay bills or withdraw cash. Overall, CDMs offer a secure, reliable, and efficient way for customers to deposit cash into their bank accounts.
How to use Cash Deposit Machine?
The cash deposit machine is easy to use, you just need your bank account number and PIN. Some CDM allows you to swipe your debit card instead of punching your bank account number. Here is a step-by-step process for operating a cash deposit machine.
- Go to the nearest ATM / CDM location.
- Select the option for cash deposition.
- Enter the account number or swipe the debit card at the given slot.
- It will show you the account holder’s name for confirmation.
- If the details displayed on the screen is correct, select the “Cash deposit” option.
- It will now ask you to enter the cash deposit amount that you want to deposit.
- Enter the amount and press the “Next” button.
- It will now ask you to enter the PIN number of your debit card.
- Once the PIN number is entered, it will now ask you to enter the cash in the given slot.
- Put all the currency notes at one go in the slot.
- The machine will pull the currency notes inside the machine and count them.
- Once the counting is finished, it will show you the amount you have deposited.
- It will ask for your confirmation on the amount you have deposited.
- Give the confirmation if the amount you have deposited is correct.
- It will now generate the receipt of your cash deposition and print it for you.
- Collect the receipt as proof of your transaction.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from the bank on the registered mobile number.
Features of Cash Deposit Machine
- Easy to use the self-service machine
- Paperless transaction
- Deposit cash round the clock
- Offers the facility of balance check and mini statement
- Deposit cash into your saving account, PPF account, Loan account
- Up to 200 currency notes can be deposited in a single transaction
- The CDM accepts a currency note denomination of ₹. 100, 200, 500 & 2000
- Get instant SMS as a confirmation for your cash deposit
Cash deposit machine charges
Here are the cash deposit machine service charges levied by different banks.
|Max. Notes allowed
|State Bank of India
|₹. 22 + GST
Benefits of Cash Deposit Machine
- Easy and Fast cash deposits, save time.
- Deposit money round the clock.
- Instant deposition confirmation.
- Available at multiple locations.
- Check account balance and mini statement at any time.
CDM is a good facility provided by almost all the banks in India. It is a win-win situation for both banks and customers. Bank can save the cost of service to the customers, and customers can save time for cash deposition. There is no drawback to using this facility at any of the banks.
FAQs – Cash Deposit Machine
The maximum amount of ₹ 49900 can be deposited into CDM. There are certain banks that offer the cash deposition of up to ₹. 1 lakh for the full KYC complied customers.
No., you need to use your debit card and PIN number for doing a transaction.
It is instantaneously.
You will get the transaction slip from the machine. Also, you will receive an instant SMS as a confirmation of your transaction.
No, you have to deposit cash into your own bank’s machine only.
Most of the banks are offering this facility free of cost. Still, it is better to check the service charges for your bank before deposition.
Cash deposit machine is a good facility that one must use. It is easy and faster that saves your time. It is safe and secure as well. I am using ICICI bank’s CDM facility as and when I need to deposit any cash. I find it very easy and time saver.