All the employees whose Provident Fund is getting deducted by their employer, are allocated Universal Account Number (UAN) by the employer. The same needs to be generated by the employer on the EPFO website. Now the employee can also generate UAN directly by themselves through EPFO portal. In this article, I will explain the step-by-step process of generating UAN number by employee.
What is UAN number?
The UNA number is the one common number linked with the provident fund account and can be transferred from employer to employer. The number helps the employee to check the provident fund balance, withdraw money and apply for the PF loan.
How to Generate UAN by yourself?
To generate the UAN number by yourself, you need your Aadhar number and registered mobile number for OTP. Below is the step-by-step process for generating UAN number by yourself.
- Go to the EPFO portal (Member’s portal)
- Click on the link provided below the login box.
- Click on “Direct UAN Allotment by Employee”.
- Enter your Aadhar number.
- Fill in CAPTCHA as displayed.
- Click on “Generate OTP”.
- An OTP will be send to your Aadhar linked mobile number.
- Enter the OTP you receive.
- On ‘Are you working in any private company/factory/establishment’, select Yes.
- Select Employment category.
- Enter the establishment details as asked.
- Enter your date of joining and upload required documents.
- Enter your Aadhar number and fill in CAPTCHA.
- Enter the OTP you have received and you will now have your UAN number displayed on the screen.
- You will also received UAN number via SMS on the registered mobile number.
You can now create your login/password with the help of this UAN number on the Member’s portal. Once the login is created you will be able to check your PF balance and monthly credits.
This will be very helpful in case you need money urgently, then you can withdraw the partial amount from your PF balance easily. It takes less than a week time to credit the amount in your bank account.
So, if you want to track your PF account by yourself, you must generate UAN number by yourself and manage your PF account as and when required.
Select Your Favorite Section