Moneyjar.in is a new age online wealth advisor that helps you make investing your savings in mutual funds easy and rewarding. It turns your thoughts and life goals into actionable advice, which can be seamlessly executed on a secure online transaction platform helping you generate great returns on your investments with just a few clicks.
With numerous mutual fund investment apps available to anyone wanting to invest their savings, starting to invest in mutual funds has never been easier. However, investing is easy but not simple. Apps that just show mutual funds as a menu card, force inexperienced investors to choose their own funds. Investing in funds based on historical performance alone is by far the biggest mistake you can make.
Moneyjar helps make investing simple by suggesting the right basket of funds to invest in given your exact circumstances and expectations.
MoneyJar PRODUCT OVERVIEW
MoneyJar uses the innovative method of “Jars” to help its users achieve their financial goals. A Jar is a basket of various mutual funds that are allocated in a way to fulfill the stated objective of the Jar. For eg. ‘Tax Saver Jar’ will have multiple mutual funds that are specifically recognized as ELSS (Tax Saver) Funds, helping a user save taxes and generate optimal returns on their investment. An ‘All-Weather Jar’ will have a specific asset allocation to different funds in order to fulfill its objective of being an investment that aims to do well through all market cycles.
The different products that will be offered by MoneyJar are:
Build Your Own Jar (BYOJ): The BYOJ options allow you to customize the Jar based on you chosen goal (eg. Saving for your child’s education), time horizon (eg. You need the money after 5 years) and risk appetite (eg. I am a conservative person). Additionally, if you have a target amount in mind (eg. I need 10 Lakh at the end of 5 years), the platform’s algorithms give you a suggested amount to invest every month or a lumpsum amount to invest right now in order to reach the target.
Pre Made Jar (PMJ): Pre Made Jars are built specifically to attain certain objectives (eg. I want to save tax, I want to invest in the Infrastructure Sector, I want to start a Rs. 500 SIP, etc.). They are not customizable, however, you can make a lumpsum investment or start a SIP quickly by selecting any one of the self-explanatory jars.
Before funding a jar, users have to complete a short registration process and undergo mutual fund KYC if they haven’t invested in Mutual Funds before. For its users who are not KYC compliant, Moneyjar allows them to complete the process completely online!
After you have funded your Jar, MoneyJar provides you a dashboard where you can view your investments 24/7 and allows you to make one-time boosts, start/increase/stop your SIP’s, partially or fully withdraw money from your Jar – all from the comfort of your own office/home.
- Safety of user’s data and their investments is the bedrock by which we conduct ourselves as a company.
- For starters, all your data is secured by bank-grade SSL security on our website.
- All the money you invest never ever passes through our bank account. It goes directly to the mutual fund house whose schemes you invest in. All the investments are held in your name.
- We have partnered with the Bombay Stock Exchange, one of India’s biggest exchanges. All your transactions are executed through them ensuring safety, convenience, and reliability.
- We are regulated by AMFI (The organization that runs the Mutual Fund Sahi Hai campaign), the nodal body for mutual funds in India.
- Mutual funds are heavily regulated and are by far one of the safest investment avenues available in India.
Sophisticated Research-Driven Methodology to select recommended funds:
- Our intensive process-driven mutual fund research, which we consider both an art and science, is something we are extremely proud of and consider our greatest asset.
- We don’t merely select historically top-performing funds and show them to you, but do a deep dive and aim to find hidden gems – funds that may or may not have done well in the past but ones which we feel will outperform in the future.
- We are not afraid to avoid flavor-of-the-month funds and take a contrarian path with recommendations. Some of the funds we have on our website may not be commonly noticed funds, but this is done to ensure that our users earn the highest returns while taking the least amount of risk for a particular goal.
- In Investing, committing the act of investment is only half the job done, it is extremely important to constantly monitor your portfolio and replace/rebalance your investments as and when required.
- Moneyjar does the heavy lifting for you – we constantly monitor your portfolio and when our research indicates that any of the existing funds might underperform in the future we immediately let you know and give you a choice to switch voluntarily.
- This is extremely important as it is common in the mutual fund for funds to change character which affects performance.
To summarize, Moneyjar provides a compelling alternative to choose-yourself mutual fund investing websites by providing highly contextual “jars” that are tailored to your needs, mutual funds that are geared for outperformance and a constant monitoring system that ensures you are always invested in the optimal funds. All of this contributes to higher returns for your investments and a great overall investing experience, even for first-timers.