PayTm has launched its own credit card with collaboration with Citi bank. It is India’s first credit card with 1% unlimited cash back on all transactions from PayTm and Citi bank. Let’s go into the details of the PayTm credit card and check what it has to offer.
The main feature of the PayTm credit card is 1% cash back on all the transactions done through the card. The cash back will be credited to the card automatically every month.
Features of PayTm Credit Card
- There are no charges of hidden fees
- It comes with the contactless NFC feature
- The card can be used in India and internationally
- Annual fee of Rs. 500 waiver if you spend more than Rs. 50000 per year
- You can convert your purchase into EMI easily
- Exclusive offers from PayTm on dinning, shopping, travel through Citi Privileges platform
- You will also get free PayTm First membership benefits worth Rs. 15000
- Get 2 movie tickets at the price of 1
- 15% off at the partners restaurants
- Add money to your PayTm wallet directly through the card
- Get a credit card without credit history
At this time, the PayTm First Card is being offered only to select customers. Gradually it will be open for all customers and they will be able to apply through the PayTm mobile app.
How to Apply for PayTm First Credit Card?
As of now PayTm Credit card is opened for selected customers due to high number of requests. Selected customers can apply through the latest version of the mobile app. You can click on the PayTm First Card icon or find the PayTm First Credit Card option in the menu.
You need to fill in all the necessary details and submit the form. Once the application is approved, a Citibank representative will reach out to you for the further process of completing KYC process.
After completion of the KYC process, if your application is approved, the PayTm First Card will be mailed to your communication address. The card is sent to you in a pre-active state. You can use it for online and offline purchase straight away. You just have to generate your PIN and you are ready to make payments at any merchants that accepts VISA cards.
No doubt that PayTm Credit Card comes with a unique offerings from two companies i.e. PayTm and Citi Bank. I think it’s a preparation to compete with the future launch of Apple card that debuted in the US in the March 2019.
PayTm is known for it’s leadership in the digital payments in India. In the month of March it also had launched PayTm First loyalty programme just like Amazon Prime and Flipkart’s Plus membership. Earlier PayTm has launched PayTm Money for mutual funds investment and now it has come up with its own credit card.