The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a new service through which you can get your Aadhaar card reprinted and get the physical copy in case you have lost your Aadhaar card. In this article, I will tell you how to get the reprint Aadhaar Card from the UIDAI website by yourself.
This service is a blessing for the people who have lost their Aadhaar card accidentally. You have to pay a nominal fee of Rs. 50 to get the reprint Aadhaar card delivered to your address. The people who have lost their Aadhaar card have no option but to use the e-Aadhaar card till now.
This service is launched as of now on a pilot basis. Based on the user experience and feedback, further changes and development will be done. UIDAI has recently launched masked Aadhaar card to protect user privacy, and now this step for providing a new copy of Aadhaar card is commendable.
For getting a reprint Aadhaar card, you need to give an online request at the UIDAI website using either your Aadhaar number or Virtual identification Number (VID). The fee for reprint Aadhaar is Rs. 50 inclusive of GST and postage charges. The reprinted Aadhaar card will be delivered to your address through speed post within 5 working days from the date of giving the request.
How to get Reprint Aadhaar Card?
Here is a step by step guide on how to order reprint Aadhaar card online.
- Go to the official website of UIDAI
- Click on the “Order Aadhaar Reprint” (Pilot Basis) as shown in the below screenshot
- On the next screen enter your Aadhaar number or VID number you have
- Enter the security code which is shown on the right side
- Tick on the request for OTP
- Click on the Send OTP button
- You need to enter your Aadhaar number or Virtual Identification Number. Then enter the security code showing on the right side.
- If you do not have updated your mobile number, please tick the checkbox of Request OTP. You will be asked to enter another mobile number.
- Please enter the OPT you will receive on your registered mobile number of the alternate mobile number provided by you. Remember the OTP sent on your mobile number is valid only for 10 minutes.
- Once the OPT is verified, you will be able to see your details of Aadhaar card. Here you can verify the details of your Aadhaar card as per the available data with UIDAI.
- Check the details of your Aadhaar card as per the UIDAI records. If you find any discrepancy, I would suggest you not to go for a reprint Aadhaar service as the details will be not accurate. Instead, go to nearest Aadhaar center for updating the correct details.
- If your Aadhaar details are checked and verified, click on the “Make Payment” button.
- This will take you to the payment page where you are required to make Rs. 50 for the reprint and postal charges. There are various payment options like credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI available for making payment.
- Enter your payment details and click on the “Pay Now” button.
- Once the payment is successful, the acknowledgment will be shown on the screen. You can also download the acknowledgment receipt for your future reference.
- You will get an SMS containing your service request number for the reprint Aadhaar card request.
Track your Service Request
You can also track the details of your service request up till the Aadhaar card is dispatched.
Follow the below step for tracking your request.
- Visit this page: Track Service Request
- Enter the 28 digit service request number you have received via SMS or via acknowledgment receipt
- Enter 12 digit Aadhaar number
- Enter the security code as mentioned on the right side of the screen
- The status of your service request will be displayed on the screen